8 Board Books for Bilingual Babies

12345678

I love reading, and I hope to instill this same love for books into my kids too. Some of my favorite moments as a mom are when my little ones bring me a book and climb into my lap to hear me read it to them. Our book collection is growing steadly over the years, and I try to be very intentional about having books in both English and Spanish. That said, I also rely on checking out books from the library to supplement the ones we have at home. I thought I would share a round-up of some fun board books we've enjoyed reading in the past.

1: This book has such cute illustrations, and Micah loves to point to the pictures and hear me say the words in English and Spanish. I love to give him lots of kisses as we read!

2: This little book has flaps to find out how different animals move.

3: This one is a favorite around our house, and I've read it so many times I now have it memorized!

4: This was one of Micah's Christmas presents from his Nana and Bubba a few years ago. It is a great book for practicing vocabulary. I will often ask my boys "Where is the ______?" and they will point out the picture.

5: This is a fun book to see pictures of little babies from all over the world. We were excited to see Guatemala, Mexico, and the USA are all included in the book.

6: This book has a question and answer format as the little donkey tries to figure out what a book is. The first time we got this from the library, I read it aloud a few times, and then Micah started chiming in "Noooo" as I read. So cute!

7: This is a cool book where you can flip through and have fun matching the ears to the different animals.

8. Micah had fun opening the big flaps to discover the different animals in this book.

¡Te toca! Your turn to share - What are some of your child's favorite board books?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Games to Practice Spanish

Enchiladas Suizas